DUBAI DIARIES | Dec 2011

Yia-soo! Pos Eisai?

Pondering
I don’t know about the rest of you, but until recently, I’ve been walking around still thinking that I was the same a really mature 18 year old. I mean…..I’m still my mother’s baby (first born that is), still my father’s pet (because I was first born), still the practical joker at home, still clueless about a LOT of general worldly things (like who’s the President of Russia?).

Unfortunately a lot of events have perspired recently that have forced me to look at the fact that I have grown up (besides having a husband and resident munchkin at home):
1.      The persistent attachment of the word ‘aunty’ to my name
2.      Younger generation asking “who’s Michael Bolton?”
3.      The fact that I actually acknowledge that there’s a generation younger to me.
4.      A lady attempting to sell a beauty product to me….anti-ageing cream
5.      A shopkeeper saying that the top I selected wasn’t meant for my age…but younger style….
6.      I’m actually appreciating comfortable clothes over dressing up
7.      I’m actually able to give advice and people are ‘actually’ listening :P

One thing that I do enjoy with this new awareness though…..I can do what I want and there ain’t nobody that can tell me otherwise! :D

Something actually interesting
Spotted a hijab covered lady at work spraying her face with water every once in a while……..new beauty technique? Someone want to explain this to me?

Signing Off


Did you know?
1.      90% of women who walk into a department store immediately turn right?
2.      An albatross can sleep while it flies?
3.      Children laugh about 400 times a day while adults only 15 times a day.
4.      LAST….but not the least…..Farmers in England are required by law to provide their pigs with toys.

Comments